If you suffer from the pain and discomfort of TMJ pain, Sana Dental takes an epigenetic approach to diagnosis and treatment. Epigenetics studies how behaviours and environment cause changes that affect the way genes work. TMJ symptoms such as jaw pain, headaches or migraines, or mysterious muscle stiffness, can be a result of genetic factors that, mixed with environmental and behaviour influences, create painful symptoms. While genetics cannot be changed or reversed, epigenetic changes are reversible. Sana Dental is pleased to offer TMJ diagnosis and treatment options to help you on the road to optimal health and wellness.
Your Alberta Choice for TMJ Treatment!
How Balanced Is Your Bite?
Painful TMJ symptoms can be caused by a misaligned bite, or a bite where the teeth do not come together properly. This is often due to the positioning of teeth which, while related to our genetics, can be greatly affected by our environment. Genetics change our environment, and our environment is changed by genetics.
Those with the following things, may be more likely to experience TMJ:
- Crooked teeth
- Large or small teeth
- Teeth that are in an incorrect position
- An overbite
- An under-bite
- A narrow jaw
Genetic tooth abnormalities can lead to a misaligned jaw, which in turn can contribute to jaw problems and painful TMJ symptoms.
Dental Treatment Can Help You Overcome your TMJ!
The good news is that there are dental treatment options available that can offer relief of TMJ symptoms. Sana Dental believes it is function first and hardware second! Treatment options include:
- Dental bonding or veneers: With dental bonding or veneers, the shape of your teeth can be changed, which could relieve many of the uncomfortable or even painful symptoms you are experiencing.
- Orthodontics: Orthodontics can reposition teeth into a position that will create a more ideal bite.
- A full mouth reconstruction: This involves reconstructing your teeth with porcelain, in order to correct positioning issues.
- Orthotics or a dental mouthpiece: These can be worn to keep your bite in its optimal position.