At Sana Dental, we understand that emergencies happen, and usually when we least expect it! We are pleased to welcome patients requiring emergency dentistry of any kind. An emergency is defined as a situation that poses immediate risk to health, life, or property. If you are not sure whether a dental problem is a dental emergency or not, we offer this advice – if it hurts, it is an emergency! Just like in any other emergency, a dental emergency requires immediate attention in order to prevent the situation from getting worse. This is because even injuries that seem small or superficial can still affect the living tissue inside of the teeth.
What are Some Symptoms of a Dental Emergency?
- A toothache that will not go away
- Tooth pain that is not responsive to pain killers
- Severe throbbing tooth pain
- Pain from biting pressure
- Sensitivity to hot or cold liquids
- Abnormal gum bleeding or swelling
- A loss of a tooth
- A lost filling
- A chipped, broken, or cracked tooth
- A knocked out tooth
- A bitten lip or tongue that will not stop bleeding
- Sometime Stuck Between your Teeth that cannot be removed.
- A bad taste or odour in your mouth
All of the above symptoms are a good indicator that you may be experiencing some form of a dental emergency, and should seek dental treatment as soon as possible.