So many of us believe that missing teeth makes a smile unattractive. Missing teeth are on display whenever we talk or smile; missing teeth can really affect our self esteem. If you are interested in an effective and permanent solution for one or more missing teeth, dental implants and implant restoration might be right for you! With proper care, dental implants can be long-lasting, effective replacements for missing teeth that look, feel and function just like your natural teeth. Let Sana Dental help you achieve the smile you have always wanted!
Benefits of Dental Implants and Dental Implant Replacement
- Natural appearance of teeth: Missing teeth can affect your self-confidence. Dental implants can replace missing teeth to offer you the ability to smile with confidence again.
- Preserves surrounding structure of teeth: Dental implants prevent teeth from shifting and drifting from the space created by a missing tooth.
- Preserves Facial Structure: Underneath your teeth lies your alveolar bone. This is the ridge of bone that contains the tooth sockets. Below that is the jawbone proper. All bones need stimulation to maintain density. In the case of your alveolar and jawbones, this stimulation normally comes from your teeth. When teeth are missing, these bones can lose width, height and volume. Since your teeth and jaws also act as the structural support for your face, jawbone loss can change its appearance causing that sunken in “aged” look. Jawbone loss can also impair your ability to chew and speak.
- Better hygiene: Gaps left by missing teeth can be hard to clean, putting you at a higher risk for tooth decay and gum disease. Reliable
- High functioning
- Long lasting: With proper care, and barring conditions that may damage your jawbone, a dental implant can last many years. The crown on the implant may need to be replaced after 10-15 years, but at that time, a new crown can be fabricated and placed on the same implant.
- Easy to care for
- Permanent solution
- Convenient: Eliminates the embarrassment and/or inconvenience caused when removing dentures
- Helps prevent cavities: Since implants are cavity proof, your smile is less vulnerable to tooth decay.